Strive Living Society operates Headway Centre, in New Westminster, for individuals with acquired brain injuries.
Strive Centre Headway offers a variety of inclusive programs, on a drop in basis. These programs are designed to improve or maintain physical, cognitive, social, emotional and spiritual functioning of each participant, aiming to enhance their quality of life and achieve their highest level of independence.
Drop in Hours:
Strive Centre Headway: Monday and Wednesday to Friday 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Programs and activities include but are not limited to:
- Cognitive Programs
- Exercise Programs
- Arts and Crafts
- Music Related Programs
- Educational Sessions
- Outdoor and Indoor Walks
- Community Outings
- Toonie Lunches
Strive Centre Headway Admission Criteria:
- Participants must have experienced a brain injury and be at least 19 years of age and older
- Participants must be able to get to and from the Centre independently or with the support of their own 1:1 worker
- Participants must be independent in daily self-care activities or have their own 1-1 worker to assist
- Participants must be able to conduct themselves in a way that will not pose a threat to themselves or others
- Participants will join a Strive Centre in their address catchment area
Strive Centre Headway: 319 Columbia Street, New Westminster, V3L1A7
Phone #: 604-520-0130
For more information about the Strive Centre Headway please contact the Headway Program Manager.