Strive Centre is a multi-service centre located in East Vancouver offering a variety of programs and activities for adults with diverse abilities.
Strive Centre Vancouver now offers both in-person and virtual recreation programs! Learn more about the programs below.
In-person Recreation Programs
Strive Centre Vancouver has moved to a new location! The new Strive Centre is now located on 200-3438 Lougheed Hwy, Vancouver, BC V5M 2A4.
New Hours of Operation
- Centre is open from Monday to Friday from 1 pm – 4 pm
- Drop-in services, facilitated in-person programming, and activities are all available during opening hours.
Strive Centre Program Guide – 2022
Check out the in-person Program Calendar for this month!
Virtual Recreation Programs
Virtual programs occur on Zoom Monday to Friday from 10 am – 12 pm.
Check out the Virtual Program Calendar for this month!
The Strive Centre engages individuals with diverse abilities to access community opportunities that inspire healthy development, well being and active lifestyles.
What is the Strive Centre?
- It is a centre for adults and seniors with disabilities including, but not limited to, physical and intellectual disabilities, acquired brain injury, mental health and behavioural obstacles.
- It is a place to meet new people, to form friendships and connections.
- It is a venue for people to drop-in at their leisure.
- It is a place to learn new skills and participate in a variety of scheduled leisure, educational, and recreational activities.
- It hosts support groups, self-advocacy, and special guests or events.
Eligibility Criteria for Adults
- Participants are between the ages of 19 and 64.
- Participants diagnosed with an acquired brain injury and residing in the Vancouver Coastal Region are able to refer themselves to the centre.
- Participants diagnosed with an intellectual disability, FASD, or Autism Spectrum must be referred through Community Living British Columbia (CLBC).
- Participants must be able to get to and from the Strive Centre or with the support of a worker/caregiver.
- Participants requiring any personal assistance must be accompanied by their own worker/attendant/volunteer or make special arrangements through the Centre.
Once an individual completes an intake and meets eligibility criteria to Strive Centre, they collaborate with the Recreation Coordinator to identify programs related to their interests and personal goals. The programs and drop-in services are utilized based on individual interests and choices. Please refer to the most recent seasonal Program Guide for preferred activities and special events.
The Strive Centre provides quality driven programs designed and implemented by our team of health professionals, Recreation Facilitators, Outreach Support Workers.
For more information about the Strive Centre, please contact the Strive Centre Vancouver Program Manager. Drop by for a tour!
200-3438 Lougheed Hwy, Vancouver (near the Rupert Skytrain Station)