Hybrid Supported Home Share: a new model of care in Metro Vancouver
The Hybrid Supported Home Share Program is a wrap-around model of care that Strive provides to individuals with complex behavioural, social, and medical needs. Individuals are placed into carefully matched family care homes and receive a minimum of 30+ hours of one-to-one support per week, as well as ongoing case management. This program offers a structured home environment for individuals who require a high level of specialized support. By having a stable home provided by a contracted caregiver, coupled with extensive one-to-one staffing, an individual can be enveloped in customized service and supported to reach his or her full potential. Strive has homes in locations throughout Greater Vancouver and Powell River. Contracts are funded by Community Living British Columbia (CLBC) and Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH).
- Applicants must be transitioning youths or adults aged 18+.
- A minimum of 30 hours of one-to-one staffing per week.
- Applicants who are referred must meet the funder’s requirements prior to being considered for Hybrid.
- Must be diagnosed with functional limitations in these capacities: learning, mobility, behavior, self-directing, independent living, and self-sufficiency.
For more information on Strive Living Society’s Hybrid program, please contact the Program Manager.
Becoming a Home Share provider; a unique and rewarding opportunity
We are interested in Home Share providers in Vancouver.
Why become a Home Share provider?
- Opportunity to work from home
- Make a meaningful impact in others’ lives
- Competitive compensation, rates depend on the level of support required for each individual.
- 30+ hours of one-to-one support provided per week, giving Home Share providers some assistance
- Ongoing, extensive case management provided
- Contracted directly with Strive Living Society, a registered nonprofit organization that has provided residential and recreational programs throughout the Lower Mainland since 1988.
Hybrid Home Share providers must have a separate suite available within their home and extensive experience supporting individuals with complex care needs. Please submit a detailed Cover Letter and Resume to the Program Manager: email@example.com if you are interested in this opportunity. Thank you for contributing to our program’s growth and expansion by referring your friends and family members. To learn more about this exciting opportunity and the requirements of the role, contact us today.