Strive Living Society operates Headway Centre, in New Westminster, for individuals with acquired brain injuries.
Headway offers a variety of inclusive programs that assist participants in working towards their social, leisure, recreation, educational, vocational and wellness goals. Scheduled and Drop-in programs are offered Monday to Friday during Centre hours and are closed for all statutory holidays. Please call the Headway location below for a program calendar or click on the link below to view our most current calendar:
Summer Calendar 2019
Summer Newsletter 2019
Drop in Hours:
New Westminster Headway => Monday to Friday 10:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Scheduled Programs Include:
- Arts and Craft Classes
- Community Outings
- Tai Chi
- Stretch & Strength
- Cooking/Baking Class
- Educational Sessions
- And much more!
Drop in Activities Include:
- Card and Board Games
- Wii Games
- Coffee Chat
- Internet Café
- Member Volunteering
Additional Services at Headway
- Initial assessment by a Recreation Therapist to identify goals and ongoing support to achieve goals
- Interpersonal Skill Development
- Leisure Education
- Community Resources/Reintegration
- Daily Living Skill Development
- Building Social Supports
In order to become a Headway Member, you must meet these criteria:
- Members must have experienced a brain injury and be between the ages of 19 and 64.
- Members must be able to get to and from the Headway Centre independently or with the support of a care provider.
- Members requiring any personal assistance must be accompanied by their own attendant.
- Members without attendants must be able to manage their own medications and self-care needs.
- Members must not act disruptively or pose a health or safety risk to other members and staff.
*There is no membership fee to join the Headway program.
*Members may choose to receive newsletters and email distributions.
New Westminster Headway Centre: 319 Columbia Street, New Westminster 604.520.0130
Acquired Brain Injury (ABI) programs are available at the Strive Centre, located in Vancouver.
For more information about the Headway Centre please contact the Headway Program Manager.