Strive’s Supported Employment Services (SES) is a customized employment program that operates out of the Strive Centre in Vancouver. SES is for individuals with disabilities who require assistance to acquire and maintain paid employment.
The SES model provides skill development and job training, with built in support to ensure success and work readiness.
With all of our applications, we emphasize hard work, a willingness to learn, and the ability to work positively with others.
SES Offers the following services:
- Individualized employment plan and goals
- On site job coaching and case management support
- Skill development
- Paid employment
- Employment placements
- Practicum placements
- Safety training
- Equipment training
- Adapted work environments
- Administrative training
Applicants must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Applicants are 16 yrs or over
- Applicants have a disability
- Applicants are able to get to and from the work location
- Applicants are able to manage their own medications and self-care needs
- Applicants are able to work as a team and not act disruptively or pose a health and safety risk to other people
Applicants are referred to us through:
Community Living British Columbia (CLBC), Ministry for Children and Family Development (MCFD), Vancouver Coastal Health Authority, Fraser Health Authority, ICBC, WorkSafe BC, and Crime Victim Assistance Program.
For more information about the Supported Employment Program please contact the Program Manager.