Strive Centre is a multi-service centre located in East Vancouver offering a variety of programs and activities for adults with diverse abilities
Program Guide Summer 2017
Program Schedule Summer 2017
Summer 2017 Program Registration Form
Program Schedule Fall 2017
Program Guide Fall 2017
Program Registration Fall 2017
Strive Centre Mission
The Strive Centre engages individuals with diverse abilities to access community opportunities that inspire healthy development, well being and active lifestyles.
What is the Strive Centre?
- It is a centre for adults and seniors with disabilities including, but not limited to, physical and developmental disability, acquired brain injury, mental health and behavioural obstacles.
- It is a place to meet new people, to form friendships and connections.
- It is a venue for people to drop-in at their leisure.
- It is a place to learn new skills and participate in a variety of scheduled leisure, educational and recreational activities.
- It hosts support groups, self-advocacy and referral-based counselling.
Eligibility Criteria for Adults
- Participants are between the ages of 19 and 64.
- Participants diagnosed with an acquired brain injury and residing in the Vancouver Coastal Region are able to refer themselves to the centre.
- Participants diagnosed with a developmental disability, FASD or Autism Spectrum must receive funding to attend the centre and be referred through Community Living British Columbia (CLBC).
- Participants with other disabilities including physical disabilities and mental health must be funded and referred through their case manager or private pay.
- Participants must be able to get to and from the Strive Centre or with the support of a worker/caregiver.
- Participants requiring any personal assistance must be accompanied by their own worker/attendant/volunteer or make special arrangements through the Centre.
- Participants must not act disruptively or pose a health or safety risk to other members and staff.
Once an individual completes the registration package and meets eligibility criteria to Strive Centre, they collaborate with the Recreation Therapist and Case Manager to develop a service plan to identify personalized goals related to health, wellness, and community participation. From there, individuals create personalized schedules from their chosen programs and activities. Regular meetings are held on an ongoing basis to review progress towards achieving their identified goals.
How Often Can I Attend Strive Centre?
The Centre is open 5 days a week; Mon, Tues, Thurs, Friday 10 am to 5 pm and Wed 10 am to 9 pm for a special evening group. Please refer to the most recent seasonal program guide for days and times of preferred activities. There are both drop-in and programs that require registration throughout the week, encouraging you to come by at your leisure, as well as to attend your priority programs.
The Strive Centre provides quality driven programs designed and implemented by our team of Recreation Therapists, Employment Counselors, Outreach Workers, Recreation Facilitators, and Social Workers.
For more information about the Strive Centre, please contact the Strive Centre Vancouver Program Manager. Drop by for a tour!
#100 – 5055 Joyce Street, Vancouver (below the Joyce Skytrain Station)